Jag's 365 Illustrations

Jag Nagra in Vancouver, Canada is doing a 365 day illustration project...



Why did you decide to do this project?   I started this project as a creative outlet.  I work as an in-house Design for a corporate company, and needed a way to make sure I did something each day that was separate from my 9-5 job.  Something that would keep me connected and challenged outside of my daily work, and something purely for myself.  I wanted to improve my illustration skills, and thought if I began a 365 illustration project, I'd have no choice but to challenge myself on a daily basis.  And so it began on January 29, 2012




How has doing a yearlong/daily project affected your life? Although I'm still only in the beginning stages of this project, it's teaching me to set a time limit for each illustration.  That doesn't mean I only give myself 15 minutes to create a portrait—but it means that I can't spend hours obsessing over it.



See all of Jag's illustrations HERE.

1 comment:

Reggie said...

Hi,
I'm Reggie from the Netherlands, love your work! But I'm a bit curious...so far it's all men and no girls...or are they still to come?